Terms & Conditions
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Carolina warrants products it manufactures against defects of material and workmanship under normal use and service for the life of the product to the original purchaser. This warranty shall not apply to any products which have been subjected to misuse, accidents, abuse, abnormal usage, negligence, improper maintenance, damaged in transportation or whose original construction has been altered by someone other than Carolina or its authorized agents. No unauthorized person, agent or dealer may give further warranties on behalf of Carolina.
(Please note: Because of natural variations on materials over which Carolina has no control, this warranty does not extend to color, grain or texture of wood, leather or upholstery cover.)
Normal aging and wear of fabrics, filling materials and finishes are exempted from this warranty. Carolina shall not be responsible for any expenses incurred by purchaser to repair or replace any product unless Carolina gave prior express written consent agreeing to reimburse purchaser.
In the event any product has to be returned to the factory for verification of a complaint, it must be pre-authorized by the factory and shipped prepaid along with written information containing the name of the original purchaser, original invoice number, and a copy of the original purchase order.
As purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty, Carolina, at its option, will repair or replace the damaged product or parts that meet the terms and conditions of this warranty at no charge to the original owner of record, and will pay the freight charges provided Carolina has previously authorized the replacement or return.
Except as stated above, Carolina makes no other expressed warranties and disclaims all implied warranties as to any product, including warranty of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Carolina shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages. This warranty is applicable only to those parts actually manufactured by Carolina.Exceptions to the lifetime warranty:
- Recliner Mechanisms (Modern Amenity, Orchestra and Voyage) - 10 years
- Three position recliner & wall saver mechanisms (Amenity, Coronado, Modern Amenity, Orchestra Mini & Voyage) - 5 years
- Recliner components, sleeper chair mechanisms and accessories - 5 years
- All drawer glide suspensions - Lifetime
- All locking mechanisms - Lifetime
- All door hinges - 12 years
- Door latches - 12 years
- Drawer pulls - 12 years
- Task lights - 3 years
- Power supplies - 1 year
On product furnished by Carolina, but with components or equipment manufactured by others, including, but not limited to, foam, mechanisms, casters and textiles, the written warranty, if any, of the manufacturer is assigned to the purchaser.
ORDERING INFORMATIONAll orders should be placed with:
P.O. Box 4398
Archdale, NC 27263
800-763-0212 Fax 336-431-9400
ORDERS MUST INCLUDE
- Company name, address, telephone and fax number
- Requested ship date
- Contact person
- Complete style number
- Authorized signature
- Fabric/Vinyl/Leather grade, vendor, pattern and color
- Purchase order number
- Correct Net Dealer pricing
- Sold to address & ship to address
- Any special instructions
- Order Date
- CDA (if applicable)
NOTE: A customer drawing or sketch of the planned configuration in modular applications will facilitate order processing.
All prices herein are list prices including delivery to one destination, effective with the date printed on the cover, and supersede all other published price lists. US List Prices are domestic prices only for shipment within the Continental United States. Prices are subject to change without notice, unless quoted in writing. Possession of the price list does not constitute authority to sell or offer for sale Carolina products.
Orders are acknowledged upon receipt of credit approval. Your acknowledgment is a detailed description of items, prices, shipping information and shipping date. Please read your acknowledgment closely and notify Carolina immediately of any discrepancies. Carolina is not responsible for errors on orders placed by phone without written confirmation.
Carolina is committed to the fastest possible shipment of all products. All other items are available within our normal manufacturing schedule. For information on stock availability, call our customer service hotline 800-763-0212.
Note: Planned shipping dates may be delayed due to fires, strikes, natural disasters or other causes beyond our control.
Contact your Carolina Customer Service Representative to verify inventory and production schedules to ensure requested shipment date prior to placing large quantity orders.
DELIVERY AND FREIGHT CHARGES
All shipments are F.O.B. point of shipment, freight prepaid and allowed, excluding fuel surcharges. Shipments outside of the Continental United States are freight prepaid and allowed to port of exit. Carolina reserves the right to select the most appropriate carrier and routing on all shipments; however, we will try to accommodate requests for your preferred carrier. Carolina reserves the right to implement a fuel surcharge. Orders of less than $1500 net will be assessed a handling charge of $100 net per order. Any charges arising from failure to receive a shipment, rerouting while in transit or carrier storage charges are not included in prices shown. Orders requiring special services are subject to an additional charge.These services include:
- Reconsignment from original destination to new destination - $35 plus $3.00 per mile net
- Refused/Returned Freight
- Freight refused at destination and returned to First Office - Double Freight
- Freight refused at time of delivery; returned to First Office to deliver at a later date - Triple Freight
- Detention Fees (after 2 hours of waiting) - $85 net per hour
- Weekend delivery available Friday after 3:00 p.m. through Sunday night or Holiday - $600 net per truck
- Customer Pickup
- Customer Request for 3rd party to pick up freight at First Office terminal - $125 net
- Change of Tags/Address/Phone #’s on Shipments - $35 net
The Carolina line of furniture is among the most complete in the industry. However, should a particular need arise requiring size modification or customization, contact your Customer Service Representative for a price quotation. Because of the uniqueness of the product, special orders are not subject to cancellation.
CANCELLATION AND ORDER CHANGES
All orders accepted by Carolina are considered firm and binding and are not subject to cancellation.
WAREHOUSE STORAGE CHARGES
If a shipment is held beyond fourteen (14) calendar days after the order is ready for shipment at your request, a .067% per day (2% per month) storage charge will be assessed. The effective date will be fourteen (14) calendar days after the order is ready for shipment, as long as this date is after the acknowledged ship date. Further, the prices applied to the order will be those prices in effect at time of shipment.
EXTENDED PRODUCTION AND SHIP DATES
Orders placed with Carolina with extended lead times as requested by you will be subject to price in effect at time of shipment.
DAMAGED MERCHANDISE AND FREIGHT CLAIMS
- 1. Inspect all cartons for damage and carton quantity. All shipments are delivered to the transportation company in good condition; Carolina’s liability ceases at this time. Do not refuse merchandise damaged in transit. Instead, enter a claim with the transportation company.
- 2. Record damages and/or shortages on the bill of lading and freight bill. Do not accept the shipment until all shortages are noted on both the bill of lading and the freight bill. Sign only for the items you receive. If you give the delivering carrier a clear receipt for a shipment, the carrier is relieved of further responsibility.
- 3. If concealed damage is found: Notify the delivering carrier at once and request an inspection. For shipments via Styline Logistics, notify your Carolina Customer Service Representative. This must be done within fifteen (15) calendar days of delivery. Without this inspection the transportation company will not entertain a claim for loss or damage. If the carrier will not perform the inspection, you should prepare an affidavit that you contacted the carrier, noting the time and date, and that the carrier failed to comply with your request. All shipping cartons and inner packing must be retained for carrier inspection. Do not move the damaged merchandise from the receiving location. It must also be retained for the inspection.
RETURN OF MERCHANDISE
Carolina will not accept returned merchandise without a signed Return Authorization (RA) issued by our Customer Service Department. All returned merchandise must be properly packaged and cartoned to prevent further damage. Carton must be clearly marked with identifying RA number so that proper credit can be issued. We will consider issuing RAs for the following reasons:
- Manufacturing defect (must be inspected by a Carolina Sales Representative)
- Carolina order processing error
- Shipping error
- Duplicate shipments
- Mismarked cartons
All merchandise must be returned within thirty (30) days of the date of the RA to receive credit. Freight damage, signs of usage, missing parts, etc. will be adjusted on the amount of credit to be issued.
Reimbursement from Carolina for repairs must have prior approval.
BIFMA AND ANSI TESTING
Carolina is a member of the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer’s Association. Tests developed by BIFMA and approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) determine the strength and durability of casegoods and seating in its everyday use. Although this testing does not serve as a warranty or guarantee, Carolina products within this price list generally meet or exceed applicable BIFMA and ANSI standards.
Modifications must be clearly designated on customer's purchase order by placing the letters MOD and modification # in front of the model number and noting the modification needed.
Example: MOD#3-1 - LG-W1721BC1-MNW-S5-N8-P2-QA-P8-NL-Q3 Add Grommet